Thursday, December 17, 2009

Why can't I print with black ink on my HP printer?

I have a HP Officejet J6480 all-in-one printer I just got, and I'm really upset because it won't print anything with black ink. It says that it has about 80% black ink remaining in the cartridge but whenever I try to print something in black (greyscale), it just spits out a blank sheet of paper. The color works fine, just doesn't print/copy/scan with black ink? Can someone help me here?!?! Thanks!





PS: I needed to print something off a webpage, so to just temporarily bypass the whole black ink problem, I just figured i'd print it out in color for the time being. But I can't find the option to JUST print in color. Any suggestions?





Thanks!Why can't I print with black ink on my HP printer?
Learn to use your printer! Most printers default to color and when they print something thats black, they use the color cartridges. They do this to deplete your ink so you have to buy new ink all the time. To print in black, every time yo want to print something, you need to open the printer properties dialog box up and set the back cartridge to print.Why can't I print with black ink on my HP printer?
Remove the tape from the cartridge.





You could have a printer which is bad or bad cartridge.





Check HP web site for drivers for your printer. Look update and match your Vista or XP machine. This could fix your problem. If you install your drivers on the CD usually they are any where two to four version out of date. I never use the CD for drivers, I go to web site.





If the printer was mine, I would return the printer and trade out with one that may work.
ur printer is new so its strange but try running the clean head procedure for ur printer.


u can find this exact or a similar option in the maintainance tab of the hp software.





after this try aligning the heads( if there is one such option--i had this on my epson).


try printing now.





if it still doesnt work den go for a new catridge coz perhaps the catridge you have is old and has dried up.





if all is in vain.


contact the customer service as ur printer may be faulty---- replacement perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment