Saturday, December 26, 2009

Why wont my HP Laser Jet Printer 2600n work on Windows Vista? I cant get it to work!?

1. This printer was made long before Vista was released (made around the time of Windows 98 SE). It seems to have drivers for Vista on HP's website.





http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Tec鈥?/a>





2. Make sure you follow the directions in the download. Some people have found it easier to use the ';Add New Hardware wizard with Vista'; but I always have found that the wizard that comes with the drivers is much better. Make sure the printer is unplugged until you are instructed to plug it in.





3. If this does not work, exactly what happens when you try to use it? Why wont my HP Laser Jet Printer 2600n work on Windows Vista? I cant get it to work!?
Go to





start %26gt; settings %26gt; printers





Do you see your printer (if not you have to install drivers, see below)





Double click on your printer and clear all documents Documents %26gt; Click on the documents to hilite %26gt; Clear





Is your printer ready?





Is it the default printer (check mark beside it). If not right click and make it Default printer





to download driver go to





http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Tec鈥?/a>





on the left side of the page is Troubleshoot a problem that will help











Why wont my HP Laser Jet Printer 2600n work on Windows Vista? I cant get it to work!?
Because Vista should not have came out yet and they havent worked out all the kinks yet, That is why I am waiting till they creat a service pack 1 for vista and then I am going to upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment