Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have an HP PSC 2210 printer and can not find its driver. Is there another driver I can use?

I have the instal disk but each time I attempt to install the software, I get an error message that the install was unsuccessful as the driver could not be found. Printer is connected to USB port. OS is MS 2000.I have an HP PSC 2210 printer and can not find its driver. Is there another driver I can use?
That driver is the ONLY thing that you can use. Follow the steps very carefully.





Start again by going to the Control Panel, and use ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS to uninstall the driver that you already installed. Then UNPLUG the printer cable from your computer.





Restart your computer.... (don't plug in your computer). Install the software again. Plug in the printer cable ONLY after the instructions on the screen tell you to do so.





Good luck and Happy Computing!I have an HP PSC 2210 printer and can not find its driver. Is there another driver I can use?
go to: www.HP.com and look for the tech help link. You can get free email help even out of warranty. Send an email stateing your model / serial no. of your printer and the problem. You will get a timely reply (email) and the same service tech will stick with you until the problem is solved no matter how many emails are needed. Again, free.
Get driver from www.hpstore.com. The driver should be on the installatilon disc??
I'd try to get the full driver. But in a pinch, I know the Deskjet 690 driver works with my PSC 2110...it might work with your 2210. That's only a printer driver though...no scanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment