Wednesday, December 30, 2009

HP LaserJet Printer hangs while printing?

I have a Hewlett Packard LaserJet 6MP. It worked fine for a long time, but now it's having trouble printing. The online light is green, and there are no error lights lit. It prints the test pages just fine.





I think the problem is in the communication between the computer and printer. I'm using Windows XP Home ed. When I try to print, the spooler comes up and tries to print. After a second , the printer icon in the task bar tray gets a red ?, and the spooler gets a message Error - Printing under status. Then it just freezes. You can delete the print job, but pausing and restarting doesn't help.





I've tried replacing the printer cable (centronics to USB), which I've had go out in the past. I updated the drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, but nothing seems to work. The computer can detect the printer. When I disconnect/reconnect the cable, it makes the noise indicating hardware removed/installed.





The computer can print to my Dell Inkjet but not the HP.HP LaserJet Printer hangs while printing?
get if fixedHP LaserJet Printer hangs while printing?
Hi,





Please follow this link to resolve ur issue.





http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Tec鈥?/a>





Good Luck and Happy Processing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment