Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How to make the phone on an HP printer speed dial?

I hooked up the J3680 AIO printer for a friend. She will never, ever use the FAX but delighted to have the additional phone connection because she doesn't have cordless phones so it gives her a phone near her computer.





My question is: If I set up the speed dials for her, can she use them to dial for a voice connection and NOT sending a fax?





The dial tone is fine and the printer phone rings %26amp; works when I dial it from my cell phone and when I use the numerical buttons on the printer to dial out. I just can't figure out what to do to make the phone on the printer actually make a voice call once the number is in the window? The number just sits in the window and it does not dial.





This is a VOIP connection %26amp; I used a splitter at the wall for the router and the phone to the wall jack. The dial tone is fine. Just how the heck do you trigger the printer phone to dial out using speed dial? Or is speed dial only for fax usage?





What do you push to actually make the phone dial the speed dial number showing in the display?





I set up her cell phone on speed dial 01 just for a test but I could not figure out what button(s) to hit on the printer to make the call actually happen. I pressed speed dial and then I pressed ';1'; and the phone number was in the window but I have no idea how to actually 'trigger' the call. This would be to ';talk'; not to send a fax.





If the phone dials out and rings in, then it should all work??





Thank you in advance, DonnaHow to make the phone on an HP printer speed dial?
Honestly, you should probably try going to http://www.hp-forums.com and ask the professionals. It is a free service and you can also interact with many other HP users to ask them for their opinions. They normally respond very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment