Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How do you connect a Photosmart c309 HP printer to an Apple MacBook wirelessly?

I recently bought a Photosmart Printer in the C309 series and have it connected correctly and connected to the wireless network. Now I am trying to print to it wirelessly from my MacBook, which is also connected to the network. I clicked add printer and the new printer shows up but it says to select a driver to use. I scrolled through the list and it has every HP Photosmart printer in every series imaginable, but none in the c309 series. I've tried printing hoping that maybe it magically had set itself up but, that didn't work. . . Please help!!!!How do you connect a Photosmart c309 HP printer to an Apple MacBook wirelessly?
Oddly enough I am also trying to configure my HP 309a to an Imac tonight wirelessly. I installed the software/ drivers that came with the machine. I had one disc that installed both Windows and Mac. I was able to install the software. My imac sees the printer and am able to scan and print a test page wirelessly using the HP software utility. If I try to print an email or try to print from Word the action is held up in the print que. I can NOT print anything other than the test page although I am able to scan wirelessly to the imac.





I am sure you have already installed the Mac software that shipped with the printer. I would try uninstalling it and do a complete install from scratch. I know the software will install. I just can't print from anything other than the HP utility.
  • www.myspaces.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment