Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Can anyone help with my HP Printer trouble?

I am trying to install an HP Photosmart D5069 Printer on my Mac running OS 10.5.7, and in the middle of the software installation the installer goes through the last half of the installation at super-speed and I get two messages. One tells me that the HP Software was installed successfully, and the other says that my HPIO Trap Monitor unexpectedly quit. When I am in the HP set-up assistant it asks me to select the device i want to set up from a box below, but my printer isn't in the box and the box is empty. What am I doing wrong and what do I need to do to fix it?Can anyone help with my HP Printer trouble?
Try installing it in this manner.





Remove the USB cable from the printer and power it on.





Do a fresh install and re-connect the USB to the printer only when the software asks you, NOT before.





Let it finish setup and REBOOT the computer.





It should work fine at this point.Can anyone help with my HP Printer trouble?
At times HP you will get a glitch when using the printer software and you will need to uninstall and then reinstall





I recommend this procedure for that problem





Add/remove and remove all components for the printer





Now do a complete clean up with the HP level 4 driver removal utility tool





This should end your problem





When done, reinstall the software

No comments:

Post a Comment