Monday, December 21, 2009

I have my HP all-in-one printer, fax, scanner and copier in a diffrent room from my computer can it still scan

i have a picture i want to scan and send to my computer but my HP all-in-one printer, fax, scanner and copier in a diffrent room from my computer can it still scan the picture and send it to my computer?I have my HP all-in-one printer, fax, scanner and copier in a diffrent room from my computer can it still scan
HP All-in-ones are not set up to work on a network or wireless network. Sounds like what you need is a USB extension cable. They sell them up to 16 feet in length (USB won't normally work over longer distances than that.) If you're near the doorway or can drill a hole in the wall, that's your solution.





If it's farther than that, they sell extenders which regenerate the signals, though I'd imagine it would also slow things down a little. Here's a link to a place which sells these things.I have my HP all-in-one printer, fax, scanner and copier in a diffrent room from my computer can it still scan
Yes, as long as the computer is hooked up to the all in one machine , either in a wired fashion, or through a router in a wirelessmanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment