Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I cant find any info on a HP F2210 deskjet all in one printer, is it any good?

I bought it at a black friday sale today , and cant find any reviews on it, I cant find any info on a HP F2210 deskjet all in one printer, is it any good?
I bought one too, and can't find info either. For only $29 though, I'm not complaining either way. I think it is something HP made just for WalMart, but I could be wrong...I cant find any info on a HP F2210 deskjet all in one printer, is it any good?
I bought the same printer on Friday. Installed it and the All-in-one worked great, but when I went to shut my windows down my computer said 'windows not responding' and restarted my explorer. Also, upon restarting comp. had blank orange screen, had to Ctrl, Alt, Delete to get to my desktop Icons. Uninstalled, everything okay. Reinstalled, Same bad news. Got into online chat w/Jenna, tech support @ HP. Im running windows Vista and use window internet explorer. In the programs file she had me remove the Web Smart Printing Folder. Rebooted, and everythings fine. Check out the HP website.
I've spent six hours today trying to install it properly...am I'm still trying! It prints beautifully. Need a copy? Works fantastically! Want to scan a document? FORGET IT!





I'm using XP and while printing and copying are working, I keep getting an error message when trying to scan. I'm working on it!





=====





Update: Progress is being made. I never knew that XP included a ';Scanner and Camera Wizard';. (start%26gt;all programs%26gt;accessories%26gt;Scanner and Camera Wizard).





I got onto a live chat with an hp techie. She pointed out that wizard, and, with it, I am able to scan. So, the problem is with the ';hp solution center'; software. The tech rep gave me a link to a hp utility that helps troubeshoot and fix such problems.





It seems that since I've connected various scanners to this laptop over the years, more than one instance of the software gets loaded at boot-up time. Still trying to exactly figure out how to end that. It's late now and I'm going crash and pick up on it again tomorrow. But the basic machine seems to be working fine; it's the jumble of stuff that I've connected to my 'puter over the years that's causing the confusion. I think that hp should have better anticipated that potential problem, but they are helping me locate the source of the conflict. If I get a chance to get it fully resolved before this question closes, I'll let you know!
I am looking in to buying one of these printers and I am running into the same problem. I may be a new series. I think I'm just going to get it. It's only 29 dollars and if something happens I'll take it back. And go to Circuit City. They have the Hp f4280 for 54.99 that does the same thing. The Hp f4280 is 80 dollars at Best Buy.
There is a known problem with Windows XP and All In One Printers. HP as well as Lexmark. You have to do some troubleshooting to get the scanner portion to work. Just to gives you a heads up
were you able to install yours ok? i can't get my computer to recognize it corrrectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment