Thursday, December 17, 2009

HP C5180 Printer, ethernet connection and wireless network?

Just bought the above named printer and it has an Ethernet port.





I have a wireless network setup at home. Both my main PC and Laptop connect wirelessly to the internet via my:





Netgear DG834G 54Mbps Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Firewall Router with 4-port 10/100 switch





The instruction on my printer manual tells how to connect the printer to a 'router, switch, or hub' with a Ethernet cable. Can I make a physical connection between my Netgear Router and my printer using the Ethernet cable and therefore my PC and laptop then connect wirelessly to the router that then communicates with my printer?





Could someone explain this to me I'm quite confused.HP C5180 Printer, ethernet connection and wireless network?
Just plug the erthernet cable into a free port on your router and the other end to the printer. Install the HP software on all of the PCs you want to print from. Any laptop or computer that connects to your router (whether with wires or wirelessly) will be able access the printer.HP C5180 Printer, ethernet connection and wireless network?
Yes you can. Just plug your printer into a free ethernet port on your router.


Read here for more specific information.


https://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Window鈥?/a>





Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment