Thursday, December 17, 2009

How do I troubleshoot Answer Mode on HP Printer?

I have an HP Officejet J3640 All-In-One printer. Somehow my printer is set to ';Answer Mode';, and will not let me print any documents. I have tried troubleshooting through the HP software disk, as well as through the help menu on the printer itself. Restarting both the computer and the printer does not help. In fact, I cannot find anything about ';Answer Mode'; in the manual or online. So, my printer is ready to answer the fax or telephone, but refuses to accept any printing jobs. Anyone have any suggestions?How do I troubleshoot Answer Mode on HP Printer?
Hey Cupcake-





Sorry you are having trouble with your printer. You may want to try pressing the Auto Answer button a few times to scroll through the Answer Mode settings to see if that helps. The Auto Answer button is labeled #8 on this diagram here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum鈥?/a>





Answer Mode is in the actual manual (User Guide) shown online here:


http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manua鈥?/a>





I'm not sure Answer Mode is the issue though. It doesn't seem like it would prevent the printer from printing. Please try pressing that button and let me know if that helps though. You can let me know by just adding details to your question.





Cheers,


-K

No comments:

Post a Comment