Monday, December 21, 2009

Does anyone know how to get ink cartridges out of a broken HP printer?

I have an HP 940C which quit working. The center light is on, indicating a paper jam, but there's nothing jammed anywhere. The cartridges inside are almost new and I'd like to be able to re-use them in a different printer, but they won't slide to the center where I can remove them. I tried popping off the LED panel, but I still can't remove the cartridges from there. Can anyone help me?Does anyone know how to get ink cartridges out of a broken HP printer?
Cartridge removal instructions available at document below.Does anyone know how to get ink cartridges out of a broken HP printer?
Thank you. Report Abuse

you may have to get a tech to open it up. i am not completly sure about the hp printers, but you should be able to open it up (maybe there are little screw's somewhere), open it up to where your cartridges are and you would be able to pull them out. i have had to do this to one of my printers, just keep opening compartments up till you get to where the cartridges are and you can get them out.

2 comments: