Monday, December 21, 2009

Does anyone have any suggestions why I am unable to set up my hp deskjet printer?I have the driver on a disk .

I've also downloaded the driver from the hewlett packard web site but nothing seems to work.It begins the setup process then acts as if it's losing power from the usb because I'll disconnect it then reconnect and it will begin again, but it never finishes.......Does anyone have any suggestions why I am unable to set up my hp deskjet printer?I have the driver on a disk .
Without knowing more, here are some possibilities.


1) Rule #1: reboot the computer, unplug the printer and then try again. Sounds obvious, and maybe you've already done it.





2) Try to let Windows (what version? XP?) automatically install the driver. You may not need the downloaded one.





3) Do you have another computer you can try to setup the printer on? If the process fails on that computer as well, then you know it's not your computer, and most likely is something wrong with the driver, with the connection to the printer, or with the printer itself.





4) What acts like it's losing power? The printer? If so, then maybe it is actually losing power. Could be a bad power cord, or something wrong with the power inside the printer. (You can buy replacement power cords if needed, perhaps at Best Buy)





5) Try using a different USB cable to connect the printer (I assume you're not using a parallel connection.)





That's a lot to throw at you, but with this sort of thing, it's usually a process of elimination to find the problem.





Good luck!Does anyone have any suggestions why I am unable to set up my hp deskjet printer?I have the driver on a disk .
Try connecting to another USB port. Make sure the ports are clean of dust and such. You can use canned air to blow them out if you need to.





Also, just install using the Add Hardware Wizard, alot of the stuff on the Installation CD is useless and time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment