Thursday, December 17, 2009

My cd drive is not recognizing my hp printer installation disc and my computer gets stuck at the compaq logo?

it started when i plugged in the bluetooth adapter before really reading the installation directions in the manual. then i put in the cd and nothing hapened. i go to my computers to click on the drive its in but it says ';please insert disk'; when there is already a disc inside.so my computer froze after awhile and then i had to turn it off incorrectly via power button. then i turned it bac on and got stuck at the compaq logo screen with the options F1=setup ESC=boot menu. i tried hitting F8 but nothing happened. and if i just sit and wait, the screen goes black with a tiny cursor at the top left hand corner. eventually i try booting from the cd but it didnt work so i boot from the hard drive and then it worked. so im on the desktop and put in the installation cd and then it auto loads up and shows up in my computers. but when i click the install button, nuthing hapens and then it freezes again and i force shutdown my computer. i tried system restore but nuthing happened..





how do i get my computer to load up properly and recognize and install the installation disc for my hp printer?





my computer is a compaq presario SR1215CL 3000+ with windows xp, 120 gigs of HDD, a mad dog dvd burner and hp cd burner, 512 mb ram.My cd drive is not recognizing my hp printer installation disc and my computer gets stuck at the compaq logo?
See if the firmware for your drive is up to date or your laptop drive could be defective bad needs to be replaced, only way to fix the problem.My cd drive is not recognizing my hp printer installation disc and my computer gets stuck at the compaq logo?
use the dvd drive ,try this shut down,pull out the cd drive for about a couple of mintues,put in back in check the ide or sata and power cables for good connection,windows will reinstall the drivers for the


cd

No comments:

Post a Comment