Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I have an HP PSC 1601 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier... How do I get the scanner to work?

When I press the scan button, it says this:





No Scan Options. You need to install or run device software for feature.





I don't know what it's talking about... We've had this printer forever, but I just discovered it has a scanner... Help me please?I have an HP PSC 1601 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier... How do I get the scanner to work?
I've had 2 HP All in One machines (different model #'s than yours) and experienced this same problem.





Apparently you can only scan items by opening the HP printer software that you should have installed on your computer already. For my printer, that feature is available through the HP Solution Center program. Go to the Start Menu and find the HP folder, it should be accessible from there.





I think it's some HP/Windows compatibility issue that doesn't allow you to just press the ';Scan'; button. Even my older printer had this problem, though for a time when I first got it (while I had an older version of Windows, I reckon) the scan button worked just fine.I have an HP PSC 1601 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier... How do I get the scanner to work?
First of all, remove the usb cable from the HP and power it on. Now install the software and re-connect the USB cable only when the software asks you, not before.





Let if finish installation and REBOOT the computer





windows will find the scanner and advise you. Now open the scanning software which you will find in your START meu ALL PROGRAMS%26gt; Go to the HP folder and click on the scanning program.





Go under the FILE menu and select SCAN., It should work perfectly.
You should have the software cd that came with the printer when you purchased it. If you can't find it you can go to HP's site and possibly download it.





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment